No-one likes paying legal fees and of course it can be tempting to go for the cheapest option. In leasehold transactions this can be a false economy as it is one area where you need the right, and we think expert, legal partner on your side.
Firstly, because the extended lease will be a factor in your property’s future value and its mortgage-ability. It will also shape future obligations for ground rent and other potential payments. Secondly, because you need a solicitor who knows how to deal with the freeholder.
Brady Solicitors only deal with leasehold issues and we handle lease extensions every day…
- Ensuring the notice is validly served on all relevant parties, especially if there is a complex head-lease, intermediate lease or management company
- Producing notices that avoid delays and minimise costs
- Adhering to strict timeframes where missing a deadline can have catastrophic repercussions in ensuring your rights are enforceable
- Dealing with different freeholders of all sizes and understanding their specific requirements
- Checking leases for the amendments allowed for under the Act to ensure your position is always protected
- Working with expert surveyors to ensure you pay the minimum lease extension premium
We work with you to ensure a swift and streamlined lease extension. We will explain options clearly and keep you up to date at every step and protect your interests ensuring a well negotiated lease extension.